Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tomorrow, I'm Cleaning My Room - or - Sometimes More is Not Better, Sometimes More Is Just More

A friend told me about an acquaintance who's cleaning bill for his apartment was $10,000. Five thousand dollars of it went towards two fifty-foot dumpsters that were parked outside of his home and emptied every night for a week, and the other five grand went to the five man crew who, over the course of that week, cleared out the house wearing HASMAT suits. I searched for images of a hoarder's home and found this 20-min documentary. I've lost my appetite now.

POSSESSED from Martin Hampton on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty damn cool. I find human obsessions to be quite fascinating; they're sad in their own right... but fascinating nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if I'm a "hard drive hoarder"? I can't figure out what to delete in my books+movies+music collection, and in the past I would not like to delete softwares.

    ReplyDelete