Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving is for the birds


Screw it, there is no need to try to deny it. I missed having Thanksgiving this year. No turkey, no mashed potatoes, no gravy soaked stuffing. I missed out and that bums me out because I love to eat. Then I remembered all the crappy things that have happened to me on Thanksgiving; from family feuds to family deaths from exploding turkeys to tryptophan hangovers. This year, I stayed on my couch in my apartment and watched crappy movies on TV. On the bright side of things, a friend on mine who once invited me up to his house for thanksgiving, gave me a box of booze yesterday. Now I have 4 bottles of very nice red wine, 2 bottles of very nice white wine, and 2 bottles of champagne that I've seen served for more than $100 dollars a bottle. The point is that booze is always there for you, even if turkey and stuffing isn't.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:29 PM

    hey youre invited up to the nagles for thanksgivng 2007 if youre in Chi Town. There was external drama totally unrelated to you but totally related to me that I will explain later, but I felt bad so i thought Id give you a bunch of booze that my recovering alcoholic father and 100 pound mother definitely did not need. love Zach.
    P.S. pray that i get the fuck out of south carolina (East Germany). soon.

    ReplyDelete