Friday, July 25, 2008

Don’t Ask Why, Just Trust Me On This - or - Obsquatch's Crummy Book Club

Go to your bookshelf and find The Catcher In The Rye, I know you have a copy. Read chapter 17, if not the whole book. Listen for the distinct mental “snap” around page 130; you won’t have to listen in too hard, it’s kinda easy to hear. Then empty your bank account and head for hills, like a madman. I love this goddamn book, full of phonies and morons.

Earlier in the book there are some great references to Mark, Verse 5 1-20, that I never picked up on before. I'm not a biblical man, myself, but I dusted off my copy of the Good Book while I was reading this good book. It was worth it.

The next book I'm going to read is probably The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible by A.J. Jacobs. It was recommended to me by an atheist.

No comments:

Post a Comment