Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Do You Know The Fortune Cookie Game? - or - Sugar Wafer Wishes

I had three fortune cookies today. The angry Thai woman I work with and I are trying to patch together a working relationship. I brought in a pineapple for her to cut to pieces and she gave me a chocolate fortune cookie. I later took two more after she had left. Each tiny piece of paper made me freeze for a minute, think for a second, and smile for the rest of the day.

"Use your talents. That's what they are intended for."

"You can work both alone or with others."

"You will soon receive an unusual gift."

I hope that you know the fortune cookie game. The one where you put the words "in bed" at the end of the fortune and make every fortune cookie that much better to eat. I knew the fortune cookie game. That's why I'm still smiling. Hurry up, dream lady. I am sick of working alone.

3 comments:

  1. I also like to play the fortune cookie game by adding the words "with sheep" or even a combination of the two "with sheep in bed"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will soon be confronted with limitless opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will never know your limits, until you test all the boundaries.

    ReplyDelete