Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Is This What Thinking Clearly Feels Like? - or - A House Made Of Cellulose

In my hometown there are seven traffic lights. There are less than 8,000 residents. There are no buildings over five stories tall. There are two movie theaters. I want to learn how to run a projector, a job usually reserved for teen-agers. I want to make popcorn, you don’t need a $104K BA from a small liberal arts college to make popcorn. I want to be part of a small artist community in a small town that means something to me, that helped make me who I am now. I am going to put in a bid on a 104 year-old movie theater tomorrow. Wish me luck.

1904

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'll come and help you run the place tomorrow. Hijinks will ensue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the theater called?

    ReplyDelete