Thursday, September 13, 2007

CLP #4: In The Meantime...

Craig's List Project #4

I've been told I'm an a-hole, a jerk and that I'm brutal. I agree, but the experiment must continue to it's bitter and ill-conceived, yet genius conclusion; a real date from a Craigslist posting. I will eventually put up a real ad for my-lonely-self on Craigslist and ask one of the people who responds to it to go out on a real date. I know that I am condemning myself to either of the following situations.

1) No one will respond to the ad and I will feel shattered because a business man with the entertainment value of a pile of rocks and a basement-dwelling, video game designer are, in fact, cooler than I am or ever will be.

2) I will go on a date, end up being bored in the first 10 minutes and tell her about the experiment. As a result, I will get a pitcher of ice water poured on my head, slapped in the face, stuck with the bill and never hear from her again. I will then live the rest of my life as I had lived it up to that point, but living with the shame in knowing that I had been rightfully slapped in the face for being a douche-pump.

3) I will be found out. Not necessarily about this project, just found out in general. I have many secretes and any one of them could destroy me.

4) I will lose interest in the project, spend days repenting for all of the lying-to-women I've been doing and... wanna ride bikes?

5)Meet the woman of my dreams, fall madly in love and live happily ever after.


I'm TOTALLY counting on #5. But in the meantime, here is my most favorite song of all time, ever. It's been stuck in my head since the wedding a month ago and was the theme music for the bachelor party. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Roger- I fully support this experiment. I am 105% behind you, and I can't wait to see what happens next. Question. How have you been responding to those who have fallen for Mr. Boring? Also, are you really surprised? Have you walked around River North or Lincoln Park on a Friday night? There are droves of women just trolling around in their black, empire waste lacey shirts, aching for someone who loves golf and Jersey...come on!

    ReplyDelete