Friday, July 24, 2009

Gray Hairs On My Back - or - Someone Else's Sunset

This video caught my attention. It has been a long time since I've thought how long it would take to grow up. I remember dreading it as a kid. At one point, I remember having a fight with parents about taking a year off between high school and college. I remember saying to them that, "I'll never be this young again, so I want to have fun and do nothing of consequence before it's too late." I didn't take that year off and had a lot more fun going new places and meeting new people than I could have ever dreamed. Now I play in the dirt, which although might be a job and thus have a little consequence to it, is a lot more fun than doing nothing on purpose.



Some hippie girls gave me a quartz crystal for taking care of, trimming back, and fertilizing their plants in their store front. I was walking by and said to myself, I need to fix up those plants. They were happy to let me do it. Oh, hippies. You are so funny thinking that crystals are money. Now do that dance that you do, where you shake your arms and let your head flop around. Yep, that's the one. Thanks, hippie girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment